Locking the Lid switch
The SoundBucket has a “lock” feature, that makes it difficult to accidentally turn it on in transit if the lid gets squashed against something for instance.
To turn on the lock:
- With the SoundBucket on battery power only, go to turn it off, but keep holding down the lid
- After the red light and melody, the light will go out, then go yellow
- Release the lid at this point – the SoundBucket is locked
To turn off the lock:
When it’s locked to turn it on, you have to go through a special turn on sequence:
- Go to turn it on, and the light will go yellow.
- Within 3 seconds tap the lid 3 times
- The light will go green and the on melody play – you’re unlocked
If you don’t tap it enough times, or tap too slowly, the yellow light will go out and it will still be locked. Just start again from the top to try again.
Alternatively you can attach it to a charger and turn it on to cancel the lock.